We handle the paperwork, so that you don’t have to
If you are a first-time gun owner, licensing your chosen firearm is the third and final step in this exciting process. This is done by securing your firearms serial number either by purchasing or inheriting a firearm.
We are specialist in the licensing process and are more than happy and able to make this step once again as simple and hassle free as humanly possible. All you need is to complete a licensing mandate form and once again complete and return it to us along with one or two attachments. We will then work our magic and:
- Ensure all SAPS documentation is accurately and correctly completed.
- Ensure all attachments are accurate and correctly compiled.
- Draft a tailored motivation of usually between 40 and 70 pages.
- Correctly print and accurately compile your entire application pack.
Thereafter, all you will need to do is submit your application envelope to your nearest Police Station for processing.
There are various types of firearm licences which one can apply for. We specialize in most of them.
The most common types of applications are:
- Self defence (Section 13)
- Occasional hunting (section 15)
- Occasional sport shooting (section 15)
- Dedicated hunting (section 16)
- Dedicated sport shooting (section 16)
- A variety of business purpose firearms, such as security companies or hunting farms.
This can be done after:
- Purchasing a firearm from a dealer
- Purchasing a firearm from a private individual
- Inheriting a firearm
- Receiving a firearm as a gift
- Winning a firearm in a competition
Firearm licenses will also need to be renewed after either 5 or 10 years. Please see our renewal page for a detailed breakdown of this process.
We are excited to be able to assist you with this service anywhere in South Africa! We can fully assist you via email and courier.
If you would like to make use of our service, the process is simple!
- 1. Complete and return your mandate form.
Once you have requested our service via one of our many channels of communication, we will promptly send you the correct mandate form. The purpose of this form is to collect the information necessary to compile your bulletproof application pack. Once you have completed the form, you can send it back to us via email, along with a few attachments.
- 2. Allow us 10 days to work our magic.
We are extremely proud of our level of craftsmanship, as such we ask that you give us 10 working days to professionally build and compile your application pack. We go through great lengths to ensure each application pack is worthy of our legendary money back guarantee. Once your application pack has been completed to a standard that we are happy with and that you deserve, we will either notify you that your pack is ready for collection at our shop, or we will have your pack couriered to your doorstep, anywhere in South Africa!
- 3. Hand in your bulletproof application pack to your nearest DFO
Once you have received your application pack, please follow the simple instructions on the front. These will usually be:
– Sign motivation
– Add 2 x colour ID photos
– Pay SAPS R154 in cash
As well as any customer specific notes.
You will then submit your application pack to your nearest police station for processing.
SAPS currently have 120 mandated days in which to finalize an application. The compound effects of the pandemic as well as the firearm amnesty of 2020/2021 have most certainly had an impact on the timeframe of licences. We are however happy to report a marked decrease in the turnaround time.
A client of ours recently hit the nail on the head when he said “You decide if you want a gun in 8 months, or not, but 8 months is going to pass regardless”
The biggest regret shared by many clients is that they didn’t start the process sooner.